Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Doubts, Margarita


It has been over a year, nearly 100 posts, and I am still questioning myself with each post. Is this an interesting rant? Is it an enticing recipe? Do they belong together? Why do they belong together? Am I too detached? Too personal? Do I sound like I am writing in my journal (please shoot me if I do!)? Why would anyone read this and not the thousands of other blogs? Is my manicure good enough for the next photo shoot? You know- important questions.


There is no way for me to explain exactly how much I struggle over writing, over what I post, how I say it, how little, how much, how strongly. Masochism perhaps. It is the struggle I am drawn to because I am about to dive into more of it. Big changes in the life of French Press Memos are upon us - soon to be shared with you- very soon.



Right now, as hundreds of questions and thoughts and plans and ideas run frantically through my head, I feel like I have found the cure to quieting down my mind, my worries, my doubts. Tequila. I do not advise you (or I) do shots, but a nice margarita serves a variety of purposes this week: (1) calms down the restless mind, (2) pretends to honor and celebrate Cinco de Mayo, (3) helps Ma deal with the circus that has become Mother's Day (trust me, Ma needs it).

The French Press Memos Margarita

Ingredients: 2 ounce tequila, 1 ounce Cointreau, 1 ounce fresh squeezed lime juice, 1/2 ounce simple syrup.


Mix the ingredients together in a cocktail shaker with some ice. Shake it well. Like you mean it.



Drink up, relax, and come visit again soon.

Photography by Jennifer Olson.

10 comments:

  1. that looks like the perfect recipe for a "coin style" margarita! i am not sure why they call it coin style..

    i have learned that different silver tequilas can alter the taste of the margarita significantly. at zolo in boulder i recently had a partida silver coin and it was the best one yet! my friend, kate, calls it "the party coin". gotta love that.

    cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As you can imagine Cinco de Mayo is a pretty big event here in San Diego. This is a great recipe for margaritas, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great. I can't get those things here though. I don't think I'll be having a margarita for a long time. Too bad. I could use a drink... or 50...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm this looks fantastic and perfect for Cindo de Mayo!! Love your blog and looking forward to future posts! :)
    http://cookskinny.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet Andra,

    A few things.....

    1. I enjoy your blog. Please don't stop!
    2. We don't "pretend" to celebrate and honor Cinco de Mayo. We really do both around here! So, that being said, thanks for the delicious drink recipe!
    3. Maybe you would consider mentioning who is responsible for your lovely manicure each week!


    Sinerely,
    Az

    P.S. Oh yeah, Happy Mother's Day every day!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Laura It is called a coin margarita for the Cointreau. The Silver Coin comes from the silver tequila + cointreau. I have to check out the margs at Zolo.

    @AML somehow, even minus the margs, I don't think you are suffering from a lack of alcohol in Italy.

    @Az I won't stop. I know WE don't 'pretend' but the college kids who take the day to drink up in Boulder probably do. I actually have a good story about who is responsible for my manicure THIS week. I'll share it with you next time we get together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I actually know the story of the manicure, and it IS worth sharing!

    And, I hope we share these margs soon ... to celebrate Cinco de Mayo, Mother's Day or any other holiday on which we need an excuse to drink...

    Looking forward to new and exciting things!

    ReplyDelete